Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 12:51 pm
Rumor: Cardinals still 'very much' in Peyton Manning mix
According to NFL Network reporter Michelle Beisner, confidence is still high in the Valley of the Sun.
Things are quiet here at The Cards facility. Team source telling me they are still very much in the mix to acquire Peyton Manning.— Michelle Beisner (@MichelleBeisner) March 14, 2012
Of course, until Manning signs on the dotted line somewhere, every team will be a little nervous. After all, every day he goes without becoming a Cardinal is another day closer to the Kevin Kolb roster bonus deadline.
Still, the team had to expect Manning would be very thorough in his search for a new team, so the fact that he's visiting more clubs should not come as much of a surprise.
And, according to this report, it isn't something that has the Cardinals fearing they've lost out on Manning.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!