Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 12:51 pm
Rumor: Cardinals still 'very much' in Peyton Manning mix
According to NFL Network reporter Michelle Beisner, confidence is still high in the Valley of the Sun.
Things are quiet here at The Cards facility. Team source telling me they are still very much in the mix to acquire Peyton Manning.— Michelle Beisner (@MichelleBeisner) March 14, 2012
Of course, until Manning signs on the dotted line somewhere, every team will be a little nervous. After all, every day he goes without becoming a Cardinal is another day closer to the Kevin Kolb roster bonus deadline.
Still, the team had to expect Manning would be very thorough in his search for a new team, so the fact that he's visiting more clubs should not come as much of a surprise.
And, according to this report, it isn't something that has the Cardinals fearing they've lost out on Manning.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.