Updated Mar 9, 2012 - 12:10 pm
Report: Manning visit to Arizona looming
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed a Denver Post report, former four-time MVP quarterback will be making the rounds to meet with potential future employers, starting with John Elway and the Denver Broncos Friday night.
The long-time heralded leader of the Indianapolis Colts' offense has Arizona at the top of his travel list, as well.
One NFL source said Manning will also visit the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins after visiting with the Broncos. A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency
This report is positive news for the Cardinals, who appear to be a serious contender in the Manning sweepstakes. The 14-year veteran quarterback has been cleared by his neck specialist and has seemingly made great strides in his recovery over the past few weeks.
The Colts officially parted ways with Manning when they announced Wednesday at a press conference in Indianapolis their plans to release him.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.