Updated Feb 6, 2012 - 10:18 am
Cardinals are the favorite to land Peyton Manning?
Manning would be an instant upgrade over their current QBs, and if healthy would make the Cardinals immediate Super Bowl contenders.
Still, they'll have to compete with everyone else for future Hall of Famer's services, with the Jets, Dolphins and Redskins being a few of the teams mentioned.
Well, good news, Cardinals fans.
According to sports betting site Bovada, the Cardinals are the odds-on- favorite to land the QB this offseason.
The Cardinals are listed as 2:1 favorites, followed by the Redskins at 5:2, Dophins at 3:1 and Jets at 7:2.
The Colts, who are expected to release the QB, are listed at 7:1.
While this could be reason for optimism (if not plain celebration), it's worth noting that the people who set these lines have been wrong before.
After all, the Patriots were 3-point favorites in Sunday's Super Bowl...
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves