Updated Feb 6, 2012 - 10:18 am
Cardinals are the favorite to land Peyton Manning?
Manning would be an instant upgrade over their current QBs, and if healthy would make the Cardinals immediate Super Bowl contenders.
Still, they'll have to compete with everyone else for future Hall of Famer's services, with the Jets, Dolphins and Redskins being a few of the teams mentioned.
Well, good news, Cardinals fans.
According to sports betting site Bovada, the Cardinals are the odds-on- favorite to land the QB this offseason.
The Cardinals are listed as 2:1 favorites, followed by the Redskins at 5:2, Dophins at 3:1 and Jets at 7:2.
The Colts, who are expected to release the QB, are listed at 7:1.
While this could be reason for optimism (if not plain celebration), it's worth noting that the people who set these lines have been wrong before.
After all, the Patriots were 3-point favorites in Sunday's Super Bowl...
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.