Updated Feb 6, 2012 - 10:18 am
Cardinals are the favorite to land Peyton Manning?
Manning would be an instant upgrade over their current QBs, and if healthy would make the Cardinals immediate Super Bowl contenders.
Still, they'll have to compete with everyone else for future Hall of Famer's services, with the Jets, Dolphins and Redskins being a few of the teams mentioned.
Well, good news, Cardinals fans.
According to sports betting site Bovada, the Cardinals are the odds-on- favorite to land the QB this offseason.
The Cardinals are listed as 2:1 favorites, followed by the Redskins at 5:2, Dophins at 3:1 and Jets at 7:2.
The Colts, who are expected to release the QB, are listed at 7:1.
While this could be reason for optimism (if not plain celebration), it's worth noting that the people who set these lines have been wrong before.
After all, the Patriots were 3-point favorites in Sunday's Super Bowl...
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.