Updated Feb 6, 2012 - 10:18 am
Cardinals are the favorite to land Peyton Manning?
Manning would be an instant upgrade over their current QBs, and if healthy would make the Cardinals immediate Super Bowl contenders.
Still, they'll have to compete with everyone else for future Hall of Famer's services, with the Jets, Dolphins and Redskins being a few of the teams mentioned.
Well, good news, Cardinals fans.
According to sports betting site Bovada, the Cardinals are the odds-on- favorite to land the QB this offseason.
The Cardinals are listed as 2:1 favorites, followed by the Redskins at 5:2, Dophins at 3:1 and Jets at 7:2.
The Colts, who are expected to release the QB, are listed at 7:1.
While this could be reason for optimism (if not plain celebration), it's worth noting that the people who set these lines have been wrong before.
After all, the Patriots were 3-point favorites in Sunday's Super Bowl...
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.