Updated Feb 6, 2012 - 10:18 am
Cardinals are the favorite to land Peyton Manning?
Manning would be an instant upgrade over their current QBs, and if healthy would make the Cardinals immediate Super Bowl contenders.
Still, they'll have to compete with everyone else for future Hall of Famer's services, with the Jets, Dolphins and Redskins being a few of the teams mentioned.
Well, good news, Cardinals fans.
According to sports betting site Bovada, the Cardinals are the odds-on- favorite to land the QB this offseason.
The Cardinals are listed as 2:1 favorites, followed by the Redskins at 5:2, Dophins at 3:1 and Jets at 7:2.
The Colts, who are expected to release the QB, are listed at 7:1.
While this could be reason for optimism (if not plain celebration), it's worth noting that the people who set these lines have been wrong before.
After all, the Patriots were 3-point favorites in Sunday's Super Bowl...
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.