Updated Jan 16, 2013 - 12:04 am
Arizona Sports steps into the Octagon
PHOENIX, AZ - Arizona Sports 620 KTAR-AM continues to expand its local content, announcing today the launch of a new integrated program that will showcase Mixed Martial Arts on all of its platforms. "MMA is one of the fastest growing and most exciting sports in the world," said Ryan Hatch, Bonneville Phoenix Vice President of News and Sports Content. "We're thrilled to launch the first-ever show of its kind in this market, hosted by world renowned experts and top notch fighters. This is going to be fun."
The Power MMA Show will debut this Saturday, December 1, from 11 a.m. till 1 p.m. Hosted by Jim Grieshaber, along with world-class MMA fighters and former ASU wrestling stars Ryan Bader and Aaron Simpson, the show will focus on the biggest stories of the week, the lives of fighters - from superstars to local talent, the growth of Arizona into an MMA hotbed and more. Written and video content will be hosted on a new MMA section at ArizonaSports.com, with a team of Power MMA contributors providing local and national coverage. The show will air Saturdays from 11 a.m. till 1 p.m.
"We're ecstatic to bring the only MMA show in Phoenix to the biggest local sports media brand in Arizona," said Grieshaber. "It will be fast-paced and cutting edge, with celebrity guests, unique opinions and an inside look at the world's most exhilarating sport. Plus you'll get to know two great guys who live and train here."
"As a die-hard Sun Devil and huge local sports fan, I'm a big listener of Arizona Sports 620," said Simpson. "It's awesome to launch an MMA show for our great fans here in Arizona on the station that's the home of the Cardinals, Suns, D-backs and ASU. It shows you how far we've come as a sport and I'm honored to be a part of it." "MMA is exploding," added Bader. "Our sports fan base is growing like crazy and the timing is perfect. We have a chance to do something really amazing with The Power MMA Show."
- Mike Goldberg - Saturday March 8The voice of the UFC and play-by-play commentator,Mike Goldberg, joins the show to talk all about th
- Frankie Saenz - Saturday March 8Flyweight Frankie Saenz joins the show to talk about his fights and his training.
- American Top Team Welter Weight, Robbie "Ruthless" Lawler - Saturday March 8Robbie Lawler joins the show to talk about his training and how he's feeling about his upcoming fig
- Mike Goldberg, UFC Play-by-Play Announcer - Saturday February 22Mike Goldberg, UFC play-by-play announcer and frequent guest joins the show.
- Lorenzo Fertitta, Co-Owner of the UFC - Saturday February 22Lorenzo Fertitta, Co-Owner, Chair and CEO of the UFC, joins the show about the upcoming fights, espe
- UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman - Saturday February 22Chris Weidman, UFC middleweight champion, joins the show to talk about his fights and training.
- Luke Rockhold UFC Middleweight - Saturday February 15Luke Rockhold, the #6 UFC middleweight and #9 middleweight in the world, joins the show.