Coyotes Ice Bites: Hockey is back!
Hockey is back in Glendale! Whoo!
Okay, excitement over. Dave Tippett wouldn't like it.
In this episode of Ice Bites, I take a look at two guys who need to have a big season if the Coyotes are going to do well: Goalie Mike Smith and new center Mike Ribeiro.
In the tale of two Mikes, the former needs to get back to his 2011-2012 level. His goals-against average and save percentage slipped last year. Injuries have been blamed, but Smitty needs to be a tank again this year if the Coyotes have a hope of playoff hockey.
The latter needs to prove that he's worth the big contract given to him in the offseason. Riberio came to Phoenix with high expectations for production and he'll have to live up to those.
Check out my full Coyotes season preview by clicking here.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?