Coyotes Ice Bites: Hockey is back!
Hockey is back in Glendale! Whoo!
Okay, excitement over. Dave Tippett wouldn't like it.
In this episode of Ice Bites, I take a look at two guys who need to have a big season if the Coyotes are going to do well: Goalie Mike Smith and new center Mike Ribeiro.
In the tale of two Mikes, the former needs to get back to his 2011-2012 level. His goals-against average and save percentage slipped last year. Injuries have been blamed, but Smitty needs to be a tank again this year if the Coyotes have a hope of playoff hockey.
The latter needs to prove that he's worth the big contract given to him in the offseason. Riberio came to Phoenix with high expectations for production and he'll have to live up to those.
Check out my full Coyotes season preview by clicking here.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.