Question and Declare: Current thoughts on the Suns?
Here's your weekly question and declare. Follow me on twitter (@doug620) to be included. Every week I'll tweet out a question on which I have an opinion. I'll give you mine and read yours. This week's question is for the Suns: what are your thoughts on the Suns, has your opinion changed in the first three weeks?
The Suns are winning more games than they were expected to. I don't understand why people want the Suns to tank the season for a better draft pick. I say it's a huge mistake to try to lose games. You create a culture of losing. Players will quickly realize that the coaching staff won't hold them accountable. Players will worry only about their own stats and not about the team. You waste valuable development time. I want every coach and player to do everything they can to win.
That's completely different than the job of the GM. If a GM is doing everything he can to lose, fire him. If a GM is doing whatever he can to accumulate draft picks, that's not tanking. If a GM is trading players that prove to be over-valued by other teams, you must trade him and you must receive draft picks. That's not tanking, that's investing.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.