OKC Thunder fans showing remarkable skill at halfcourt
Now, it seems like his sweet stroke from deep has rubbed off on the team's fans. Thursday night, 33-year-old Brad Brucker was selected to take a halfcourt shot and calmly banked it in, collecting a cool $20,000 from Midfirst Bank.
Normally, we could just appreciate the sheer amount of luck and move on, but it was the second time in a week a fan made the halftime shot, as Deadspin notes. It gets even crazier when you realize three other fans made the heave last season, making it five for the 2013 year alone.
On the season, Thunder halftime contestants are shooting 40 percent from deep, topping the Phoenix Suns' mark of 36.8 percent. Maybe general manager Ryan McDonough can pick up one of these sharpshooters to bolster the Suns' rotation. With back-to-back disappointing losses to the lowly Sacramento Kings, it couldn't hurt, right?
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge