Updated Nov 2, 2013 - 6:33 pm
Stoke City goalie nets improbable goal, sets record in process
So much so, that the only goal The Potters scored came 12 seconds into the contest...from their goalie.
In an attempt to push possession down to the other end of the pitch, Stoke's Asmir Begovic booted a harmless ball with his right foot.
The ball, however, had other ideas.
Landing just in front of Southhampton's goal box, the ball took one bounce before going over the head of The Saints' unsuspecting keeper.
With the goal, Begovic became just the fifth goalkeeper to score in the Premier League era. His tally 12 seconds in also set a record for the fastest one ever recorded by a goalkeeper.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent