Toronto Raptors lose mascot for season due to injury
The franchise has already suffered its first major setback of the 2013-14 campaign: The team's mascot is out for the year after blowing out his Achilles tendon, according to The Toronto Star.
National Post reporter Eric Koreen said in a tweet "The Raptor" injured himself during a school visit in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
No word yet on whether the team will find a different person to don the costume this year.
The team apparently missed his presence Wednesday, dropping its preseason home opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security