Toronto Raptors lose mascot for season due to injury
The franchise has already suffered its first major setback of the 2013-14 campaign: The team's mascot is out for the year after blowing out his Achilles tendon, according to The Toronto Star.
National Post reporter Eric Koreen said in a tweet "The Raptor" injured himself during a school visit in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
No word yet on whether the team will find a different person to don the costume this year.
The team apparently missed his presence Wednesday, dropping its preseason home opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns