Toronto Raptors lose mascot for season due to injury
The franchise has already suffered its first major setback of the 2013-14 campaign: The team's mascot is out for the year after blowing out his Achilles tendon, according to The Toronto Star.
National Post reporter Eric Koreen said in a tweet "The Raptor" injured himself during a school visit in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
No word yet on whether the team will find a different person to don the costume this year.
The team apparently missed his presence Wednesday, dropping its preseason home opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover