High school running back gets helmet turned backwards, keeps going
But, if that athlete can't see out of his front, there is a problem.
Such a situation happened to Christian Young of Bountiful Viewmont High School in Utah. Yahoo reports Young got a handoff in a game against crosstown rival Bountiful High and a defender yanked his helmet completely around behind the line of scrimmage.
Young could have just fallen to the ground and the team could have advanced the ball with the face-mask penalty, but the determined running back kept going, despite not being able to see where he was going. He tried to turn the helmet around while running and ended up getting smashed on the far side of the field, adding another memorable image to the blooper-filled run.
He probably took a bigger hit than he needed to and couldn't even see it coming, but you have to admire his fortitude.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent