Updated Aug 6, 2013 - 1:17 pm
The Dallas Mavericks perhaps tried a little too hard in courting Dwight Howard
He entertained offers from several teams, such as the Los Angeles Lakers, Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors. Another team that tried to court "D-12," and went all out in doing so, was the Dallas Mavericks.
Mark Cuban and the Mavericks showed Howard a two-minute, comic book-themed video that fantasizes about the star center joining the team and taking them to a championship. But, it didn't stop there. The video predicted that Howard would propel himself and the team to "global domination," whatever that means.
The piece also plays to the former Laker's Superman persona. Other than utilizing a comic book style, the video also has a shot with Howard in a Superman cape and uses the same theme music as the recent "Man of Steel" blockbuster.
Were the Mavericks' courting efforts commendable or a little too over the top?
Howard ended up signing with another Texas team -- the Houston Rockets -- so you can draw your own conclusions about how the video went over.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent