David Wright's headshot caps off weird night at Citi Field
For starters, the Mets were rocking some bright orange 'Los Mets' jerseys.
Secondly, a foul ball shattered a camera behind home plate -- for the third time this year!
Thirdly, Eric Young stepped on Braves' pitcher Tim Hudson's ankle, breaking it and ending the 38-year-old's season. Don't worry, we're not posting the gruesome video (you're welcome!)
But all that paled in comparison to Mets' third baseman David Wright nearly knocking himself out with his own bat. In the fourth inning, Wright took a full cut at a 1-0 pitch from Hudson and grounds to short, starting a 6-4-3 double play. But when Braves second baseman Dan Uggla makes the turn and throw to first, Wright is nowhere in the shot -- because he tagged himself in the back of the head.
The Braves won the game 8-2, so not everything was out of the ordinary in Queens.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent