Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 11:11 am
Parody Twitter account jumps off the Justin Upton bandwagon
The talented-but-inconsistent former top pick hit 12 home runs in April, garnering early MVP talk as well as admiration from all over the land.
In fact, Upton's fast start led to the creation of the twitter account @DidUptonHomer, whose sole purpose was to let the masses know.
However, as the calendar turned so did Upton's fortunes, as the outfielder has hit just three long balls since April.
Baltimore's Chris Davis, on the other hand, is just destroying Major League pitching. The first baseman leads the league with 31 home runs, and seems to take a pitcher deep at least once every few games.
Given that the two hitters are going in different directions, the twitter account has decided to change course, too.
Programming note: @DidUptonHomer has been canceled because the answer is No. We now join Chris Davis' quest for history already in progress.— DidChrisDavisHomer (@DidCrushHomer) July 1, 2013
So there ya go. Sorry, Justin.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover