Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 5:48 pm
Bad umpire likes to toss gum into outfield
After all, as long as a call is not missed, they're barely noticed at all.
Needless to say, Jordan Baker is not one of the best umpires. In fact, he might just be one of the worst.
Tuesday night in St. Louis, he blew what looked like a pretty easy call when he ruled St. Louis' Carlos Beltran safe on a play at third. Replays clearly showed D-backs third baseman Martin Prado applied the tag in time, but that didn't matter. Beltran go on to score in a game that went 14 innings.
But really, that may not be the worst thing Baker did (and does). The ump apparently has a habit of chewing a lot of gum during games, and when it's time for a new stick tosses the old one into the outfield. On the grass. Where baseball is played.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns