Updated May 20, 2013 - 6:39 am
Canadian singer struggles with US anthem
Unfortunately, Normand still managed to secure a spot alongside the infamous duo on the all-time list of worst anthem singers.
Before the 2013 Memorial Cup junior hockey championships between the Halifax Mooseheads and Portland Winterhawks Saturday in Saskatchewan, Normand came on the ice to sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" and looked to have no problems with the first part of the performance.
However about quarter of the way through, the wheels began to fall off quickly for the Canadian singer, as she delivered a moment that would have made Francis Scott Key roll over in his grave.
Let's not be too hard on Normand, after all she already feels bad enough.
I'm embarrassed and deeply sorry. I wish I'd had more time to learn the American anthem. Thanks so much for the crowd's help! #memorialcup— Alexis Normand (@Alex6Normand) May 19, 2013
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness