Updated Oct 25, 2011 - 7:30 pm
Beanie Wells expects to play Sunday against Ravens
PHOENIX - When Cardinals running back Beanie Wells left the game in the first half against the Steelers with a knee injury, it was feared he might be lost for the season.
Luckily, that's not the case and it's even possible Wells could suit up against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
"It's just a matter of controlling the swelling. It's just a day by day thing. Hopefully I'm out there on Sunday and I personally think I will be," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
The Cardinals' starting running back is beginning to face questions whether his durability is conducive to being a feature back in the NFL.
Either way, Wells doesn't plan on changing his approach or the ferocious way he attacks the running lanes.
"I definitely won't be changing the way I run or play at all," said Wells.
Still, Wells expressed frustration dealing with an injury in his third consecutive season.
"I'm just a guy that rolls with the punches, but it is frustrating to not be able to go out there and give it my all," said Wells.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?