Beanie Wells expects to play Sunday against Ravens
PHOENIX - When Cardinals running back Beanie Wells left the game in the first half against the Steelers with a knee injury, it was feared he might be lost for the season.
Luckily, that's not the case and it's even possible Wells could suit up against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
"It's just a matter of controlling the swelling. It's just a day by day thing. Hopefully I'm out there on Sunday and I personally think I will be," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
The Cardinals' starting running back is beginning to face questions whether his durability is conducive to being a feature back in the NFL.
Either way, Wells doesn't plan on changing his approach or the ferocious way he attacks the running lanes.
"I definitely won't be changing the way I run or play at all," said Wells.
Still, Wells expressed frustration dealing with an injury in his third consecutive season.
"I'm just a guy that rolls with the punches, but it is frustrating to not be able to go out there and give it my all," said Wells.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.