Updated Oct 25, 2011 - 7:30 pm
Beanie Wells expects to play Sunday against Ravens
PHOENIX - When Cardinals running back Beanie Wells left the game in the first half against the Steelers with a knee injury, it was feared he might be lost for the season.
Luckily, that's not the case and it's even possible Wells could suit up against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
"It's just a matter of controlling the swelling. It's just a day by day thing. Hopefully I'm out there on Sunday and I personally think I will be," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
The Cardinals' starting running back is beginning to face questions whether his durability is conducive to being a feature back in the NFL.
Either way, Wells doesn't plan on changing his approach or the ferocious way he attacks the running lanes.
"I definitely won't be changing the way I run or play at all," said Wells.
Still, Wells expressed frustration dealing with an injury in his third consecutive season.
"I'm just a guy that rolls with the punches, but it is frustrating to not be able to go out there and give it my all," said Wells.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!