Updated Oct 25, 2011 - 7:30 pm
Beanie Wells expects to play Sunday against Ravens
PHOENIX - When Cardinals running back Beanie Wells left the game in the first half against the Steelers with a knee injury, it was feared he might be lost for the season.
Luckily, that's not the case and it's even possible Wells could suit up against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
"It's just a matter of controlling the swelling. It's just a day by day thing. Hopefully I'm out there on Sunday and I personally think I will be," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
The Cardinals' starting running back is beginning to face questions whether his durability is conducive to being a feature back in the NFL.
Either way, Wells doesn't plan on changing his approach or the ferocious way he attacks the running lanes.
"I definitely won't be changing the way I run or play at all," said Wells.
Still, Wells expressed frustration dealing with an injury in his third consecutive season.
"I'm just a guy that rolls with the punches, but it is frustrating to not be able to go out there and give it my all," said Wells.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!