Updated Oct 25, 2011 - 7:30 pm
Beanie Wells expects to play Sunday against Ravens
PHOENIX - When Cardinals running back Beanie Wells left the game in the first half against the Steelers with a knee injury, it was feared he might be lost for the season.
Luckily, that's not the case and it's even possible Wells could suit up against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
"It's just a matter of controlling the swelling. It's just a day by day thing. Hopefully I'm out there on Sunday and I personally think I will be," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
The Cardinals' starting running back is beginning to face questions whether his durability is conducive to being a feature back in the NFL.
Either way, Wells doesn't plan on changing his approach or the ferocious way he attacks the running lanes.
"I definitely won't be changing the way I run or play at all," said Wells.
Still, Wells expressed frustration dealing with an injury in his third consecutive season.
"I'm just a guy that rolls with the punches, but it is frustrating to not be able to go out there and give it my all," said Wells.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.