Ray Horton is doing the right thing
"I didn't think they were ready and that's kind of my job and we've been limited," Horton said. "When you're ready to do it, you'll do it. And they're there now, they're ready."
Horton said they're ready but not this week. When asked why he won't implement more against the Steelers, his answer was simple.
"Probably because of number 17, Mike Wallace. He's a special guy and you have to respect what he does. And I don't want a bad matchup with 17, who's averaging 20 yards a catch, running deep on us."
I like that a coach is being a coach. Horton respects his guys and their ability but he doesn't want to go one step forward, two steps back with this defense. It seems to me that Horton understands the importance of confidence in this league. He understands that they have pride and were embarrassed when the defense was scaled down but he also understands that confidence is important when trying to move forward.
"I think if you look the guys are really starting to pick up the defense and starting move a lot faster and there's less mental mistakes," Horton said. "And now we just gotta win because they are getting close to being really what we want them to be."
Again, only time will tell. We've been saying that a lot this season with the defense and the offense.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.