Updated Aug 19, 2011 - 10:05 pm
Cardinals running back Ryan Williams leaves game with injury
PHOENIX - The Arizona Cardinals may be in the market for another running back.
Rookie and second round pick Ryan Williams went down with an apparent right knee injury and had to be carted off the field in the team's game against the Green Bay Packers.
Williams looked distraught on the field as he was carted off giving maybe an indication to how serious the injury was.
Coach Whisenhunt said after the game that Williams probably has a ruptured patella tendon which would put him out for the season.
The Cardinals were expecting to team Williams with Beanie Wells to be their running back tandem this season.
The team traded away past starter Tim Hightower to make room for Williams to get playing time.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.