Updated Aug 19, 2011 - 10:05 pm
Cardinals running back Ryan Williams leaves game with injury
PHOENIX - The Arizona Cardinals may be in the market for another running back.
Rookie and second round pick Ryan Williams went down with an apparent right knee injury and had to be carted off the field in the team's game against the Green Bay Packers.
Williams looked distraught on the field as he was carted off giving maybe an indication to how serious the injury was.
Coach Whisenhunt said after the game that Williams probably has a ruptured patella tendon which would put him out for the season.
The Cardinals were expecting to team Williams with Beanie Wells to be their running back tandem this season.
The team traded away past starter Tim Hightower to make room for Williams to get playing time.
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.