Updated Aug 19, 2011 - 10:05 pm
Cardinals running back Ryan Williams leaves game with injury
PHOENIX - The Arizona Cardinals may be in the market for another running back.
Rookie and second round pick Ryan Williams went down with an apparent right knee injury and had to be carted off the field in the team's game against the Green Bay Packers.
Williams looked distraught on the field as he was carted off giving maybe an indication to how serious the injury was.
Coach Whisenhunt said after the game that Williams probably has a ruptured patella tendon which would put him out for the season.
The Cardinals were expecting to team Williams with Beanie Wells to be their running back tandem this season.
The team traded away past starter Tim Hightower to make room for Williams to get playing time.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.