Updated Jul 6, 2011 - 6:05 pm
Former Cardinal wants Vince Young as QB
PHOENIX - While the world waits for the NFL lockout to be over so the Arizona Cardinals can ratchet up their pursuit of Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb, a former Cardinals player has thrown a new name and quarterback the team should look into acquiring before Kolb.
Former Cardinals defensive lineman Bertrand Berry believes Titans quarterback Vince Young would be the best answer for Arizona at quarterback.
"The next team that lands him is going to get a very motivated guy that has a lot to prove. If he gets somebody who believes and trusts him, he can be a great quarterback," said Berry on the Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash show.
Berry remembers having a difficult time having to game-plan for the former Texas quarterback because of his ability to beat teams with his arm and feet.
"He presents a dual threat. His instincts are very good in the pocket. He would be an asset to any team that picked him up," said Berry.
Young never seemed to get a fair shake in Tennessee having not been on good terms with coach Jeff Fisher.
It's unclear what the asking price for Young would be, but Berry also isn't a big believer in Kevin Kolb and doesn't want to see his former team pursue the Eagles quarterback.
"I don't like the idea of taking somebody else's castaway. He's a castaway for a reason. I'm not real big on bringing in somebody who was looked over in somebody else's organization," said Berry.
Berry believes if Kolb was the real deal, he would be staying in Philadelphia.
If the Cardinals do have a deal already in place for Kolb, like many suspect, maybe the team should re-think their position and explore what it would cost to land Young.
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b