Updated May 4, 2011 - 3:09 pm
Former scout gives Cardinals' draft high marks
Most NFL draft grades are fairly meaningless. They come from ‘experts' who haven't been around the team or who don't have a background in talent evaluation. That is until now.
Dave Razzano, a former Arizona Cardinals scout who now writes for Playmakermobile.com, had nothing but praise for his previous employers' draft.
Arizona ( A )
The Cards got the best DB in the draft in Pat Peterson as well as the best RB in 2nd round pick Ryan Williams. TE Rob Housler gives the team a speedster at TE. I thought DE Sam Acho was a fourth round steal as one of the better pure pass rushers in the draft. LB Quan Sturdivant was an excellent value pick in the 6th round.
It's pretty glowing praise, especially when you consider Razzano was fired by the Cardinals after the 2009 draft.
While many people questioned the pick of Williams in the second round, Razzano praised them for getting great value. He also liked the pretty much unknown tight end out of Florida Atlantic, Housler, that they grabbed a round later.
Razzano seems to know what he's talking about so you have to like the fact that he gave the Cardinals such a high mark. Before you get too excited though, he may be an easy grader. He did give 11 other teams an A as well.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?