Updated May 4, 2011 - 3:09 pm
Former scout gives Cardinals' draft high marks
Most NFL draft grades are fairly meaningless. They come from ‘experts' who haven't been around the team or who don't have a background in talent evaluation. That is until now.
Dave Razzano, a former Arizona Cardinals scout who now writes for Playmakermobile.com, had nothing but praise for his previous employers' draft.
Arizona ( A )
The Cards got the best DB in the draft in Pat Peterson as well as the best RB in 2nd round pick Ryan Williams. TE Rob Housler gives the team a speedster at TE. I thought DE Sam Acho was a fourth round steal as one of the better pure pass rushers in the draft. LB Quan Sturdivant was an excellent value pick in the 6th round.
It's pretty glowing praise, especially when you consider Razzano was fired by the Cardinals after the 2009 draft.
While many people questioned the pick of Williams in the second round, Razzano praised them for getting great value. He also liked the pretty much unknown tight end out of Florida Atlantic, Housler, that they grabbed a round later.
Razzano seems to know what he's talking about so you have to like the fact that he gave the Cardinals such a high mark. Before you get too excited though, he may be an easy grader. He did give 11 other teams an A as well.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up