Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
That trait was on display Saturday as he recorded a highlight-reel block in his first taste of NBA-level action.
In an NBA Summer League matchup between Orlando and Philadelphia, Casper Ware of the 76ers was leading a 3-on-2 fast break in the fourth quarter when he dished off to small forward K.J. McDaniels, who eluded one Magic defender and attempted a layup over Gordon.
Gordon elevated, his head nearly at rim-level, and simply snatched the ball out of the air, his only block of the contest. McDaniels, a Clemson product, has decent size at 6-foot-6, but Gordon made him look like a small point guard on that memorable play.
The 6-foot-9 former Wildcat otherwise had a quiet game, shooting 3-for-11 with seven points, five rebounds and four turnovers. The 76ers more or less returned the favor on Gordon's block, as the San Jose, Calif., native had two of his own field goal attempts rejected in the game.
Gordon and the Magic won the contest 83-77.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.