Updated Mar 26, 2014 - 9:37 am
University of Arizona bookstore offers Elite Eight T-shirts before the Sweet 16
For some of us, it's sending an email to the wrong person. For others, it's constantly confusing the University of Arizona with Arizona State.
And then, for a select few, it's pressing the button to sell commemorative T-shirts to a round of the NCAA Tournament that your school hasn't yet reached.
The University of Arizona bookstore's website was selling commemorative Elite Eight T-shirts on Tuesday, according to the the San Diego Union-Tribune. But there's one problem with that: The No. 1 seed Wildcats play the No. 4 seed San Diego State Aztecs on Thursday, with the winner advancing to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.
The bookstore eventually took down the shirt, but not before the Union-Tribune was able to snap a few screenshots. According to the Union Tribune, the shirt was posted with an ad that said: "The Wildcats had an amazing season and made it all the way into the Elite Eight. It may be the end of basketball season, but don't let it end your devotion. Show the Wildcats that you're proud of how hard our University fought. Cheer on the Wildcats, and Bear Down!"
But hey, here's hoping the UA bookstore actually gets to sell those shirts instead of shipping them off to kids in a third-world country.
UPDATE: UA BookStores regrets the error, apologizes
"The University of Arizona BookStores experienced an unintentional leak of a hidden web page that was never meant for public release. This page included designs created in preparation for March Madness, a common practice for most retailers. It was never for sale. The mistake does not reflect any assumptions about tournament outcomes and the UA BookStores sincerely regrets the error."
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.