Arizona Wildcats look scary in win over Gonzaga
And the Wildcats looked scary against Gonzaga. They destroyed Gonzaga in the first half and not only played with intensity but with great execution on both ends of the floor. Arizona had 13 assists and 1 turnover in the half and Gonzaga, whom averaged 11 turnovers a game this season, turned the ball over 11 times in the first half alone (They finished with 21 turnovers).
The only question I had was whether or not Sean Miller would be able to get the attention of his kids in the second half. Gonzaga did a nice job of closing out the first half by going on a run that made the score 47-34. I knew Sean Miller could stand on his head and scream profound warnings about Gonzaga and how dangerous they are and his kids might have ignored him.
That was not the case.
How good are the Wildcats? They came out in the second half and conquered their own complacency. And they actually played better in the second half than they did the first!
It's been an impressive display of talent and teamwork so far for the U of A. Gonzaga is a good team and they pawed them around like they were fish on a flat rock.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.