Arizona Wildcats look scary in win over Gonzaga
And the Wildcats looked scary against Gonzaga. They destroyed Gonzaga in the first half and not only played with intensity but with great execution on both ends of the floor. Arizona had 13 assists and 1 turnover in the half and Gonzaga, whom averaged 11 turnovers a game this season, turned the ball over 11 times in the first half alone (They finished with 21 turnovers).
The only question I had was whether or not Sean Miller would be able to get the attention of his kids in the second half. Gonzaga did a nice job of closing out the first half by going on a run that made the score 47-34. I knew Sean Miller could stand on his head and scream profound warnings about Gonzaga and how dangerous they are and his kids might have ignored him.
That was not the case.
How good are the Wildcats? They came out in the second half and conquered their own complacency. And they actually played better in the second half than they did the first!
It's been an impressive display of talent and teamwork so far for the U of A. Gonzaga is a good team and they pawed them around like they were fish on a flat rock.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.