Updated Feb 27, 2014 - 10:23 am
Arizona avenges previous loss to Cal in Tucson rout: By The Numbers
That was in Berkeley. They lost.
On Wednesday in Tucson, the Wildcats were nearly 30 points better against the Golden Bears. And they won.
Nick Johnson teed up the 87-59 rout with a 22-point, seven-rebound, five-assist effort on a great night of shooting.
But he wasn't the only one of Sean Miller's players who had a big night in the revenge.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
Only the Golden Bears' Justin Cobbs managed to crack double digits in scoring on Wednesday, logging 12 points in 31 minutes. The Wildcats, meanwhile, had all but one of their five starters score in double digits and bench player Rondae Hollis-Jefferson also made the mix.
Guard T.J. McConnell has recorded just one turnover over the last three games. In that span, he has managed 33 points, 22 assists and 10 steals.
On his birthday, Arizona big man Kaleb Tarczewski missed only two shots all game, going 7-of-9 from the field and 2-for-2 from the free-throw line. He finished the game with 16 points, three rebounds, an assist and a block.
Arizona missed five shots in the first three and a half minutes of the game -- more than they missed in the entire second half against Colorado over the weekend.
Forward Aaron Gordon missed just three field goals in the game, scoring 13 points to go along with a steal and four rebounds. He went 5-for-6 from the free throw line.
Arizona cleaned up its free-throw shooting, missing just five shots from the charity stripe, ultimately logging a 17-for-22 split. Hollis-Jefferson was 4-for-4 and Johnson was 6-for-8.
Hollis-Jefferson was the Wildcats' lone double-double performer on Wednesday, pulling down 10 rebounds to go along with 12 points in 25 minutes.
Arizona ended the game on a 32-13 run, sealing the 28-point win.
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.