Updated Feb 27, 2014 - 10:23 am
Arizona avenges previous loss to Cal in Tucson rout: By The Numbers
That was in Berkeley. They lost.
On Wednesday in Tucson, the Wildcats were nearly 30 points better against the Golden Bears. And they won.
Nick Johnson teed up the 87-59 rout with a 22-point, seven-rebound, five-assist effort on a great night of shooting.
But he wasn't the only one of Sean Miller's players who had a big night in the revenge.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
Only the Golden Bears' Justin Cobbs managed to crack double digits in scoring on Wednesday, logging 12 points in 31 minutes. The Wildcats, meanwhile, had all but one of their five starters score in double digits and bench player Rondae Hollis-Jefferson also made the mix.
Guard T.J. McConnell has recorded just one turnover over the last three games. In that span, he has managed 33 points, 22 assists and 10 steals.
On his birthday, Arizona big man Kaleb Tarczewski missed only two shots all game, going 7-of-9 from the field and 2-for-2 from the free-throw line. He finished the game with 16 points, three rebounds, an assist and a block.
Arizona missed five shots in the first three and a half minutes of the game -- more than they missed in the entire second half against Colorado over the weekend.
Forward Aaron Gordon missed just three field goals in the game, scoring 13 points to go along with a steal and four rebounds. He went 5-for-6 from the free throw line.
Arizona cleaned up its free-throw shooting, missing just five shots from the charity stripe, ultimately logging a 17-for-22 split. Hollis-Jefferson was 4-for-4 and Johnson was 6-for-8.
Hollis-Jefferson was the Wildcats' lone double-double performer on Wednesday, pulling down 10 rebounds to go along with 12 points in 25 minutes.
Arizona ended the game on a 32-13 run, sealing the 28-point win.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.