A pair of Arizona Wildcats, junior guard Nick Johnson and freshman forward Aaron Gordon, were named to the John R. Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 Wednesday.
The Wooden Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the most outstanding in the country.
Johnson is averaging a team-leading 16.3 points per game for the No. 1 Wildcats (18-0, 5-0), while shooting a career-best 49.7 percent from the field and 81.9 percent from the free throw line.
Gordon, who arrived in Tucson with an incredible amount of hype, is averaging 12.4 points and 7.8 rebounds per game, and has a team-best five double-doubles while shooting 50.6 percent from the floor.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.