Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 8:03 pm
The Pulse: Fans say Wildcats' Sean Miller a top 5 coach
On Sunday, Jan. 19, we asked fans if Sean Miller is among the top 5 coaches in college basketball right now.
It didn't happen overnight, but with the Arizona Wildcats men's team at 18-0 and ranked No. 1 in the nation, Miller has left little doubt in fans' minds that he is a worthy successor to legendary coach Lute Olson.
With three options from which to choose and 436 people voting, fans overwhelmingly affirmed that the Wildcats leader is indeed a top 5 coach. More than three-fourths (76 percent) of Arizona Sports readers chose this option.
The second-most popular answer in the poll was "No" -- with 13 percent of the vote -- trailed by "Unsure, wait and see how the season ends." The latter option constituted 11 percent of all votes; those fans are likely waiting to see how the season plays out for Arizona, including in the NCAA Tournament, before they can agree to crown Coach Miller.
If UA were to take home the national championship this year -- Miller's fifth season at the helm -- it would be the school's first since 1997.
The Wildcats next take on the 15-4 Colorado Buffaloes on Thursday at the McKale Center in Tucson.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.