Arizona Wildcats rise to number one in the polls
The USA Today Coaches Poll and AP Poll were released Monday, and the Arizona Wildcats were atop both lists.
It's the first time the Wildcats have held the top spot since March 2003.
The Wildcats were second last week, but Michigan State's home loss to North Carolina was enough to get them to the top spot.
Arizona is off to a 9-0 start, including quality wins at San Diego State and over Duke in the NIT Season Tip-Off Championship Game.
Up next for the Wildcats is a home game against New Mexico State Wednesday. After that, they will hit the road for a test against No. 22 Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.