Aaron Gordon named to Wooden Award Preseason Top 50
Gordon, a native of San Jose, Calif., is one of nine freshmen to be included on the list and one of just six players representing the Pac-12 Conference.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Gordon leads the Wildcats in rebounds and blocks through their first two games, posting a double-double in both contests, which came against Cal Poly and Long Beach State, respectively. Gordon has averaged 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks thus far, while shooting 57.9 percent from the floor and hitting two of his three three-point attempts.
The 18-year-old was the MVP of the 2013 McDonald's All-American Game and he also received MVP honors for his performance on the gold-medaling USA team in the 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.