Arizona Wildcats' Gordon listed as one of NCAA basketball's most intriguing players
A forward from California, the five-star recruit led the way for Sean Miller's highly-rated freshman class, and is believed to be a difference maker for a team with Final Four aspirations.
So, maybe it should come as no surprise that Yahoo!'s Pat Forde listed Gordon as the 11th-most intriguing player in NCAA basketball this season.
The folks out West would like a word with everyone driving the hype train on Wiggins, Randle and Parker. They believe the explosive, 6-foot-8 Gordon is every bit as talented of a freshman, and will be every bit as important to the success of his team. If a more experienced Wildcats team is going to return to the Final Four for the first time since 2001, expect the San Jose, Calif., native to be leading them.
Gordon tallied seven points and five rebounds in the Wildcats' exhibition win over Augustana last week. The Wildcats begin their non-conference schedule in Tucson against Cal Poly Friday at 8:00 p.m.
- Pac-12 Tournament set for second year in Las Vegas
- Oregon drops No. 3 Arizona Wildcats: By the numbers
- Arizona's Nick Johnson a finalist for Wooden Award
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.