Arizona Wildcats' Gordon listed as one of NCAA basketball's most intriguing players
A forward from California, the five-star recruit led the way for Sean Miller's highly-rated freshman class, and is believed to be a difference maker for a team with Final Four aspirations.
So, maybe it should come as no surprise that Yahoo!'s Pat Forde listed Gordon as the 11th-most intriguing player in NCAA basketball this season.
The folks out West would like a word with everyone driving the hype train on Wiggins, Randle and Parker. They believe the explosive, 6-foot-8 Gordon is every bit as talented of a freshman, and will be every bit as important to the success of his team. If a more experienced Wildcats team is going to return to the Final Four for the first time since 2001, expect the San Jose, Calif., native to be leading them.
Gordon tallied seven points and five rebounds in the Wildcats' exhibition win over Augustana last week. The Wildcats begin their non-conference schedule in Tucson against Cal Poly Friday at 8:00 p.m.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.