Arizona Wildcats rank 6th in preseason AP Poll
Sean Miller's team, which comes into the campaign with one of the nation's best recruiting classes along with key returners from last season, trails only Kentucky, Michigan State, Louisville and Kansas.
Arizona won its exhibition opener Monday night, knocking off Augustana 84-52. Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell led the way with 12 points and eight assists, while Nick Johnson and Gabe York each chipped in 14 points.
Much-hyped freshman Aaron Gordon tallied seven points and five rebounds, while frontcourt mates Brandon Ashley and Kaleb Tarczewski combined for 20 points and 12 boards.
The Wildcats will begin their non-conference schedule on Friday, Nov. 8, when Cal Poly visits Tucson.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.