Arizona Wildcats rank 6th in preseason AP Poll
Sean Miller's team, which comes into the campaign with one of the nation's best recruiting classes along with key returners from last season, trails only Kentucky, Michigan State, Louisville and Kansas.
Arizona won its exhibition opener Monday night, knocking off Augustana 84-52. Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell led the way with 12 points and eight assists, while Nick Johnson and Gabe York each chipped in 14 points.
Much-hyped freshman Aaron Gordon tallied seven points and five rebounds, while frontcourt mates Brandon Ashley and Kaleb Tarczewski combined for 20 points and 12 boards.
The Wildcats will begin their non-conference schedule on Friday, Nov. 8, when Cal Poly visits Tucson.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.