Arizona Wildcats rank 6th in preseason AP Poll
Sean Miller's team, which comes into the campaign with one of the nation's best recruiting classes along with key returners from last season, trails only Kentucky, Michigan State, Louisville and Kansas.
Arizona won its exhibition opener Monday night, knocking off Augustana 84-52. Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell led the way with 12 points and eight assists, while Nick Johnson and Gabe York each chipped in 14 points.
Much-hyped freshman Aaron Gordon tallied seven points and five rebounds, while frontcourt mates Brandon Ashley and Kaleb Tarczewski combined for 20 points and 12 boards.
The Wildcats will begin their non-conference schedule on Friday, Nov. 8, when Cal Poly visits Tucson.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.