Arizona Wildcats rank 6th in preseason AP Poll
Sean Miller's team, which comes into the campaign with one of the nation's best recruiting classes along with key returners from last season, trails only Kentucky, Michigan State, Louisville and Kansas.
Arizona won its exhibition opener Monday night, knocking off Augustana 84-52. Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell led the way with 12 points and eight assists, while Nick Johnson and Gabe York each chipped in 14 points.
Much-hyped freshman Aaron Gordon tallied seven points and five rebounds, while frontcourt mates Brandon Ashley and Kaleb Tarczewski combined for 20 points and 12 boards.
The Wildcats will begin their non-conference schedule on Friday, Nov. 8, when Cal Poly visits Tucson.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.