Report: JUCO standout Kadeem Allen commits to UA
Yet already, head coach Sean Miller is working with an eye towards the future.
According to Bruce Pascoe of the Arizona Daily Star, JUCO guard Kadeem Allen (Hutchinson Community College of Kansas) gave his commitment to the Wildcats Monday.
Allen, a 6-foot-3 sophomore out of Wilmington, North Carolina, burst on to the JUCO scene in 2012-13, averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists en route to All-American honors and an MVP award in the Kansas Jayhawk Western Division.
Allen's commitment is a major coup for UA, considering he was also offered a scholarship from Kansas. Schools like ASU, Memphis and Marquette also showed interest.
Miller now has three Class of 2014 players in the fold, as Allen joins Parker Jackson-Cartwright and Craig Victor.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.