Report: JUCO standout Kadeem Allen commits to UA
Yet already, head coach Sean Miller is working with an eye towards the future.
According to Bruce Pascoe of the Arizona Daily Star, JUCO guard Kadeem Allen (Hutchinson Community College of Kansas) gave his commitment to the Wildcats Monday.
Allen, a 6-foot-3 sophomore out of Wilmington, North Carolina, burst on to the JUCO scene in 2012-13, averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists en route to All-American honors and an MVP award in the Kansas Jayhawk Western Division.
Allen's commitment is a major coup for UA, considering he was also offered a scholarship from Kansas. Schools like ASU, Memphis and Marquette also showed interest.
Miller now has three Class of 2014 players in the fold, as Allen joins Parker Jackson-Cartwright and Craig Victor.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.