Report: JUCO standout Kadeem Allen commits to UA
Yet already, head coach Sean Miller is working with an eye towards the future.
According to Bruce Pascoe of the Arizona Daily Star, JUCO guard Kadeem Allen (Hutchinson Community College of Kansas) gave his commitment to the Wildcats Monday.
Allen, a 6-foot-3 sophomore out of Wilmington, North Carolina, burst on to the JUCO scene in 2012-13, averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists en route to All-American honors and an MVP award in the Kansas Jayhawk Western Division.
Allen's commitment is a major coup for UA, considering he was also offered a scholarship from Kansas. Schools like ASU, Memphis and Marquette also showed interest.
Miller now has three Class of 2014 players in the fold, as Allen joins Parker Jackson-Cartwright and Craig Victor.
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.