Updated Oct 17, 2013 - 8:17 am
Wildcats picked to win Pac-12 hoops title
The preseason media poll was released Thursday morning at Pac-12 Basketball Media Day in San Francisco, and the Wildcats of head coach Sean Miller received 21 of 23 first place votes. UCLA and Colorado received one first place vote each.
The Wildcats are led by junior guard Nick Johnson, transfer guard T.J. McConnell and a highly-rated recruiting class which features forward Aaron Gordon, who was recently named the 10th-best player in the country by CBSSports.com.
Arizona opens their season Friday, November 8 with a home game against Cal Poly in Tucson.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.