Updated Oct 17, 2013 - 8:17 am
Wildcats picked to win Pac-12 hoops title
The preseason media poll was released Thursday morning at Pac-12 Basketball Media Day in San Francisco, and the Wildcats of head coach Sean Miller received 21 of 23 first place votes. UCLA and Colorado received one first place vote each.
The Wildcats are led by junior guard Nick Johnson, transfer guard T.J. McConnell and a highly-rated recruiting class which features forward Aaron Gordon, who was recently named the 10th-best player in the country by CBSSports.com.
Arizona opens their season Friday, November 8 with a home game against Cal Poly in Tucson.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.