University of Arizona alum Solomon Hill went to the Indiana Pacers with the 23rd pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
The 6-foot-7 forward will likely find himself backing up Paul George and Danny Granger during his rookie season, and he will have to battle for playing time with two other emerging wing players, Chris Copeland and Lance Stephenson.
However, Hill has already won over one former NBA star.
Dennis Scott, co-host of NBA TV's GameTime, gave his top five "ready to play rookies" on the program, listing Hill at No. 2. Scott praised Hill's demeanor and basketball I.Q.
"I was very impressed how he handles himself with the interviews and, more importantly, on the floor," Scott said of the Pacers rookie.
The GameTime co-host said Hill can play some time at power forward in the pros "depending on the matchup."
Hill averaged 12 points on 49 percent shooting and made 10 out of 18 three-pointers during five Summer League games for the Pacers in July. He was chosen to the All-Orlando Summer League Second Team for his performance.
Scott said he looked for players who are hard workers, have thick skin and a great feel for the NBA job -- on and off the court -- when composing his rookie list. Scott's list was comprised completely of players who played more than one year in college, which he said was no coincidence.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.