Dennis Scott says Solomon Hill is ready to make an impact in the NBA
The 6-foot-7 forward will likely find himself backing up Paul George and Danny Granger during his rookie season, and he will have to battle for playing time with two other emerging wing players, Chris Copeland and Lance Stephenson.
However, Hill has already won over one former NBA star.
Dennis Scott, co-host of NBA TV's GameTime, gave his top five "ready to play rookies" on the program, listing Hill at No. 2. Scott praised Hill's demeanor and basketball I.Q.
"I was very impressed how he handles himself with the interviews and, more importantly, on the floor," Scott said of the Pacers rookie.
The GameTime co-host said Hill can play some time at power forward in the pros "depending on the matchup."
Hill averaged 12 points on 49 percent shooting and made 10 out of 18 three-pointers during five Summer League games for the Pacers in July. He was chosen to the All-Orlando Summer League Second Team for his performance.
Scott said he looked for players who are hard workers, have thick skin and a great feel for the NBA job -- on and off the court -- when composing his rookie list. Scott's list was comprised completely of players who played more than one year in college, which he said was no coincidence.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.