Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 5:39 pm
Wildcats promote assistant Pasternack to associate head coach
Pasternack, who joined the program in May 2011, has helped guide teams to nine NCAA Tournament appearances in 14 years as a coach and administrator.
"Joe has done an outstanding job in his two years with us," Arizona Head Coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "His combination of prior head coaching experience at the University of New Orleans and eight years on staff at the University of California has been invaluable to our program's continued development.
"His professionalism, tireless work ethic and total command of all aspects of Arizona basketball position him to become a head coach again very soon. This promotion to associate head coach is well deserved and a logical step for our staff."
Prior to heading to Tucson, Pasternack was the head coach at the University of New Orleans.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.