Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 5:39 pm
Wildcats promote assistant Pasternack to associate head coach
Pasternack, who joined the program in May 2011, has helped guide teams to nine NCAA Tournament appearances in 14 years as a coach and administrator.
"Joe has done an outstanding job in his two years with us," Arizona Head Coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "His combination of prior head coaching experience at the University of New Orleans and eight years on staff at the University of California has been invaluable to our program's continued development.
"His professionalism, tireless work ethic and total command of all aspects of Arizona basketball position him to become a head coach again very soon. This promotion to associate head coach is well deserved and a logical step for our staff."
Prior to heading to Tucson, Pasternack was the head coach at the University of New Orleans.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.