Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 5:39 pm
Wildcats promote assistant Pasternack to associate head coach
Pasternack, who joined the program in May 2011, has helped guide teams to nine NCAA Tournament appearances in 14 years as a coach and administrator.
"Joe has done an outstanding job in his two years with us," Arizona Head Coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "His combination of prior head coaching experience at the University of New Orleans and eight years on staff at the University of California has been invaluable to our program's continued development.
"His professionalism, tireless work ethic and total command of all aspects of Arizona basketball position him to become a head coach again very soon. This promotion to associate head coach is well deserved and a logical step for our staff."
Prior to heading to Tucson, Pasternack was the head coach at the University of New Orleans.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.