Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 5:39 pm
Wildcats promote assistant Pasternack to associate head coach
Pasternack, who joined the program in May 2011, has helped guide teams to nine NCAA Tournament appearances in 14 years as a coach and administrator.
"Joe has done an outstanding job in his two years with us," Arizona Head Coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "His combination of prior head coaching experience at the University of New Orleans and eight years on staff at the University of California has been invaluable to our program's continued development.
"His professionalism, tireless work ethic and total command of all aspects of Arizona basketball position him to become a head coach again very soon. This promotion to associate head coach is well deserved and a logical step for our staff."
Prior to heading to Tucson, Pasternack was the head coach at the University of New Orleans.
- Oregon drops No. 3 Arizona Wildcats: By the numbers
- Arizona's Nick Johnson a finalist for Wooden Award
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.