Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 6:31 am
Former UA forward Solomon Hill selected with No. 23 overall pick
The Indiana Pacers selected the 6-foot-7 senior with the No. 23 overall pick.
"It feels great to be a first-round draft pick, and it's very humbling," Hill said. "I've learned that you have to focus on being the best player you can be and do the little things to help your team win. That's something Coach Miller helped me focus on over the last few seasons, and it's great to see the hard work pay off."
Hill, who averaged 13.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game during his final season in Tucson, was the first Wildcat to be taken in the draft since Derrick Williams (Minnesota Timberwolves, 2011).
"Our congratulations go out to Solomon on being the 23rd selection in tonight's draft by the Indiana Pacers," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "Each year that Solomon played at the U of A, he improved his game. His desire to excel, competitive spirit, basketball intelligence and team-centered attitude are unmatched. Those characteristics will continue to serve him well on the professional level. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll have a successful career in the NBA."
Since the NBA Draft was shortened to two rounds back in 1989, UA's had 32 former players drafted.
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.