Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 6:31 am
Former UA forward Solomon Hill selected with No. 23 overall pick
The Indiana Pacers selected the 6-foot-7 senior with the No. 23 overall pick.
"It feels great to be a first-round draft pick, and it's very humbling," Hill said. "I've learned that you have to focus on being the best player you can be and do the little things to help your team win. That's something Coach Miller helped me focus on over the last few seasons, and it's great to see the hard work pay off."
Hill, who averaged 13.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game during his final season in Tucson, was the first Wildcat to be taken in the draft since Derrick Williams (Minnesota Timberwolves, 2011).
"Our congratulations go out to Solomon on being the 23rd selection in tonight's draft by the Indiana Pacers," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "Each year that Solomon played at the U of A, he improved his game. His desire to excel, competitive spirit, basketball intelligence and team-centered attitude are unmatched. Those characteristics will continue to serve him well on the professional level. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll have a successful career in the NBA."
Since the NBA Draft was shortened to two rounds back in 1989, UA's had 32 former players drafted.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.