Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 12:37 am
Former UA forward Grant Jerrett heading to Oklahoma City Thunder
Jerrett, who averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game during his freshman campaign in Tucson, was selected with the No. 40 overall pick by the Portland Trail Blazers. He was then shipped to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The former McDonald's All-American is the first UA freshman to be taken in the draft since Jerryd Bayless (Indiana Pacers, 2008).
"I want to congratulate Grant on being selected with the 40th pick by the Portland Trail Blazers tonight," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "Although he was part of our program for a short period of time, he demonstrated a multitude of talents as a player. His high skill level, strong work ethic and unique size give him a very bright future in the NBA. I'm excited to watch him continue to develop, and I look forward to watching him reach his vast potential."
Jerrett is the 33rd former Arizona player to be taken in the NBA Draft since the format was shortened to two rounds.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.