Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 12:37 am
Former UA forward Grant Jerrett heading to Oklahoma City Thunder
Jerrett, who averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game during his freshman campaign in Tucson, was selected with the No. 40 overall pick by the Portland Trail Blazers. He was then shipped to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The former McDonald's All-American is the first UA freshman to be taken in the draft since Jerryd Bayless (Indiana Pacers, 2008).
"I want to congratulate Grant on being selected with the 40th pick by the Portland Trail Blazers tonight," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "Although he was part of our program for a short period of time, he demonstrated a multitude of talents as a player. His high skill level, strong work ethic and unique size give him a very bright future in the NBA. I'm excited to watch him continue to develop, and I look forward to watching him reach his vast potential."
Jerrett is the 33rd former Arizona player to be taken in the NBA Draft since the format was shortened to two rounds.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.