Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 12:37 am
Former UA forward Grant Jerrett heading to Oklahoma City Thunder
Jerrett, who averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game during his freshman campaign in Tucson, was selected with the No. 40 overall pick by the Portland Trail Blazers. He was then shipped to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The former McDonald's All-American is the first UA freshman to be taken in the draft since Jerryd Bayless (Indiana Pacers, 2008).
"I want to congratulate Grant on being selected with the 40th pick by the Portland Trail Blazers tonight," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "Although he was part of our program for a short period of time, he demonstrated a multitude of talents as a player. His high skill level, strong work ethic and unique size give him a very bright future in the NBA. I'm excited to watch him continue to develop, and I look forward to watching him reach his vast potential."
Jerrett is the 33rd former Arizona player to be taken in the NBA Draft since the format was shortened to two rounds.
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.