Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:30 pm
Report: Houston transfer Joseph Young to visit Arizona Wildcats
And even though head coach Sean Miller will be welcoming one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, there's no telling how his new freshmen will fare. So, any type of "sure thing" scorer the team could have would be beneficial, and it appears they may be able to land one via transfer.
According to ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman, Houston's Joseph Young is looking to transfer, and he's visiting both Oregon and Arizona.
The 6-foot-3 Young averaged 18 points per game for James Dickey and the Cougars this past season and shot 42 percent from beyond the arc. Young's father, Michael, a member of the school's famed Phi Slama Jama team, recently refused a reassignment within the Houston athletic department. He had been the director of operations on Dickey's staff.
A guard, Young has one year of college eligibility remaining, and Goodman writes that his family will request a waiver in hopes of him being eligible to play in 2013-14.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.