Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:30 pm
Report: Houston transfer Joseph Young to visit Arizona Wildcats
And even though head coach Sean Miller will be welcoming one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, there's no telling how his new freshmen will fare. So, any type of "sure thing" scorer the team could have would be beneficial, and it appears they may be able to land one via transfer.
According to ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman, Houston's Joseph Young is looking to transfer, and he's visiting both Oregon and Arizona.
The 6-foot-3 Young averaged 18 points per game for James Dickey and the Cougars this past season and shot 42 percent from beyond the arc. Young's father, Michael, a member of the school's famed Phi Slama Jama team, recently refused a reassignment within the Houston athletic department. He had been the director of operations on Dickey's staff.
A guard, Young has one year of college eligibility remaining, and Goodman writes that his family will request a waiver in hopes of him being eligible to play in 2013-14.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.