Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 9:45 am
Arizona coach Sean Miller's contract extended
According to AZStarnet.com, the Arizona Board of Regents approved the move Thursday, with chair Rick Myers saying, "We want him to stay at the University of Arizona."
The move effectively gives Miller another five-year contract, which is valuable in recruiting. Arizona AD Greg Byrne said Miller requested that he not get a raise in the fifth year of it.
Miller has been receiving $100,000 annual escalators to his base pay since 2011-12 and is scheduled to receive $2.3 million plus academic and performance bonuses next season. He is scheduled to receive $2.6 million in 2016-17 but now will receive only the same amount in 2017-18.
Miller, 44, has guided the Wildcats to a 96-43 record over four seasons, and is coming off a season in which the team reached the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.