Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 9:45 am
Arizona coach Sean Miller's contract extended
According to AZStarnet.com, the Arizona Board of Regents approved the move Thursday, with chair Rick Myers saying, "We want him to stay at the University of Arizona."
The move effectively gives Miller another five-year contract, which is valuable in recruiting. Arizona AD Greg Byrne said Miller requested that he not get a raise in the fifth year of it.
Miller has been receiving $100,000 annual escalators to his base pay since 2011-12 and is scheduled to receive $2.3 million plus academic and performance bonuses next season. He is scheduled to receive $2.6 million in 2016-17 but now will receive only the same amount in 2017-18.
Miller, 44, has guided the Wildcats to a 96-43 record over four seasons, and is coming off a season in which the team reached the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.