Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 11:00 am
Report: Grant Jerrett 'impressing' during NBA workouts
Though talented, the 6-foot-10 forward with good range was very raw as a prospect, and he averaged just 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game in his one year of college basketball.
Still, Jerrett says he has no regrets about leaving school, and it appears the 19-year-old is turning some heads as he meets and works out for NBA teams.
Here's a prospect impressing in draft workouts: Arizona forward Grant Jerrett. Only 19, he's rising on team boards. Great range, 6-foot-10.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 11, 2013
According to NBADraft.net, Jerrett projects to be a second-round pick. However, his potential is undeniable, and it's possible a team will see look at his size and skill set and decide he's worth a flier earlier in the draft.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.