Updated Jun 11, 2013 - 11:00 am
Report: Grant Jerrett 'impressing' during NBA workouts
Though talented, the 6-foot-10 forward with good range was very raw as a prospect, and he averaged just 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game in his one year of college basketball.
Still, Jerrett says he has no regrets about leaving school, and it appears the 19-year-old is turning some heads as he meets and works out for NBA teams.
Here's a prospect impressing in draft workouts: Arizona forward Grant Jerrett. Only 19, he's rising on team boards. Great range, 6-foot-10.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 11, 2013
According to NBADraft.net, Jerrett projects to be a second-round pick. However, his potential is undeniable, and it's possible a team will see look at his size and skill set and decide he's worth a flier earlier in the draft.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.