Updated Jun 2, 2013 - 5:02 pm
Findings from independent review on Pac-12 Tournament officiating released
The review, which was conducted by the law firm of Ice Miller, LLP, focused on the events that took place before, during and after Arizona's semifinal game against UCLA on March 15, including comments made by Rush and the discipline Miller received for his post-game conduct.
Pac-12 CEO Group Chair Edward J. Ray, who commissioned the review, had this to say about its findings on Sunday:
"The Pac-12 CEO Group fully reviewed and discussed the Ice Miller report and agreed that is was an objective analysis of all known facts surrounding the officiating dispute at this year's Pac-12 Men's Basketball Tournament. The CEO Group accepted the report, agreed there is no further action required, and determined that this independent review brings closure to the matter."
"The report provides valuable lessons for all parties, which will be incorporated in how we restructure the men's basketball officiating program and policies. We are moving forward with a renewed commitment to accountability and ethical conduct to assure the overall integrity of our competition for our members and the public."
While the report determined that the Arizona-UCLA game was officiated with integrity and that no bounty statements were offered or taken, Rush resigned from his post with the Pac-12 back on April 4.
Following the release of the review, Arizona AD Greg Byrne chimed in with a brief statement on the matter.
"I am aware the Ice Miller report has been released. We are appreciative of the effort by the CEO Council to commission an independent review of the issues related to the Conference tournament. Coach Miller and I have discussed the report, and we are ready to move forward. We remain hopeful this report will lead to improvements in our officiating program. At this time I will have no further comment."
The review can be read in its entirety here.
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.