Updated May 23, 2013 - 11:02 am
Wildcats' non-conference schedule includes Michigan, NIT Season Tip-Off
Though they had seemingly taken a break of late, it appears they're back to that way of life.
The school has announced who its first 13 opponents will be -- or, at least, where the games will be played -- and there are some big names on the list.
A mid-December date with national runner-up Michigan headlines the group, and they're joined by Long Beach State, New Mexico State, San Diego State, Southern and UNLV. All six of those teams participated in the 2013 postseason, and three were regular season or conference tournament champions.
In all, Arizona's upcoming non-conference opponents combined for a 185-119 record last season.
"We are excited about our 2013-14 non-conference schedule," said Arizona coach Sean Miller in a statement. "It provides our team with numerous opportunities at McKale Center, away from home, and in the NIT Season Tip-Off that will prepare us for conference play. Additionally, this type of schedule is built to provide us the quality needed in the month of March for our postseason aspirations to be realized."
Along with Arizona, the headliners for the NIT Tip-Off are Duke, Alabama and Rutgers.
Date Opponent Location
TBA %Red-Blue Game - Tucson, Ariz.
Oct. 28 #Augustana College - Tucson, Ariz.
Nov. 8 Cal Poly - Tucson, Ariz.
Nov. 11 Long Beach State - Tucson, Ariz.
Nov. 14 at San Diego State - San Diego, Calif.
Nov. 18/19 *NIT Season Tip-Off - Tucson, Ariz.
Nov. 19/20 *NIT Season Tip-Off - Tucson, Ariz.
Nov. 27 ^NIT Season Tip-Off - New York, N.Y.
Nov. 29 ^NIT Season Tip-Off - New York, N.Y.
Dec. 3 Texas Tech - Tucson, Ariz.
Dec. 7 UNLV - Tucson, Ariz.
Dec. 11 New Mexico State - Tucson, Ariz.
Dec. 14 at Michigan - Ann Arbor, Mich.
Dec. 19 Southern - Tucson, Ariz.
Dec. 23 Northern Arizona - Tucson, Ariz.
% Arizona Intrasquad Scrimmage
* NIT Season Tip-Off, games in Tucson, Ariz. (dates to be determined)
^ NIT Season Tip-Off finals in New York, N.Y. (Madison Square Garden)
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.