Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 3:46 pm
Wildcats looking good in incredibly early bracketology
ESPN's resident bracket guru released a very early look at how he sees things shaping up for 2014, and the Arizona Wildcats are one of his favorite teams.
Apparently the losses of Mark Lyons, Solomon Hill, Kevin Parrom and Grant Jerrett are not enough to hurt a team that returns Nick Johnson, Kaleb Tarczewski and Brandon Ashley, as well as welcomes notable players in Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell and freshmen Aaron Gordon, Elliot Pitts and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
Sean Miller's squad is a No. 1 seed, according to Lundardi, and would be taking on Charleston Southern in the West region.
And, should the Cats win that game, they would face the winner of Pittsburgh/VCU in the next round. Pitt is Miller's alma mater and VCU is, well, VCU.
So that would be fun.
The other top seeds are Kentucky, Michigan State and Duke, and three other Pac-12 schools (Colorado, UCLA, Oregon) are also on the list.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.