Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Pair of Wildcats earn Pac-12 honors
Hill's season earned the forward his second-straight all-Pac-12 first-team award. The 6-foot-7 senior Wildcat averaged 13.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game. His 48 three-point field goals helped him hit double digits a team-leading 24 times this season.
His senior teammate, Lyons, led UA in the regular season with 14.9 points per game, including 56 three-pointers. The first-team honor is a first for the 6-foot-1 guard.
This is the 19th time multiple UA players were selected to the all-conference team in the same season since 1978.
Freshman center Kaleb Tarczewski was named honorable mention for the freshman team just as sophomore guard Nick Johnson was for the all-defensive team.
The 7-footer led UA with 5.9 rebounds per game, while also recording 6.6 points per game. Tarczewski also started all 30 games for the Wildcats.
A Gilbert native, Johnson ranks fourth in total steals and steals per game in the Pac-12 and recorded three or more steals in 11 games this season. The guard averaged 11.6 points, two steals and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Oregon drops No. 3 Arizona Wildcats: By the numbers
- Arizona's Nick Johnson a finalist for Wooden Award
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.