Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 11:46 am
Wildcats land ESPN top 30 prospect for 2014
Loyola High School point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright verballed to the Wildcats after a weekend visit to Tucson.
UA's No. 1 target at point guard told ESPN's recruiting nation that UA coach Sean Miller played a huge role in his decision.
"I feel like the Pac-12 is a great fit for me," he said. "I've been recruited by most of the schools and Arizona was the best fit for style of play. And I think Sean Miller is the best coach in the Pac-12. This is a tough league with great players coming in and out every year and it'll challenge me, but I'm ready for the challenge."
According to Adams, his point guard found a kindred spirit in Miller, who played the point for Pittsburgh during his college days.
"Coach Miller and Parker built that relationship," Adams said. "He's going to play for a point guard, and that was big."
Jackson-Cartwright is currently averaging 14 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals at Loyola, all after missing 12 games with a stress reaction in his foot at the beginning of the season.
The junior was the sixth top 30 recruit of 2014 to make a committment.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.