Wildcats land ESPN top 30 prospect for 2014
Loyola High School point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright verballed to the Wildcats after a weekend visit to Tucson.
UA's No. 1 target at point guard told ESPN's recruiting nation that UA coach Sean Miller played a huge role in his decision.
"I feel like the Pac-12 is a great fit for me," he said. "I've been recruited by most of the schools and Arizona was the best fit for style of play. And I think Sean Miller is the best coach in the Pac-12. This is a tough league with great players coming in and out every year and it'll challenge me, but I'm ready for the challenge."
According to Adams, his point guard found a kindred spirit in Miller, who played the point for Pittsburgh during his college days.
"Coach Miller and Parker built that relationship," Adams said. "He's going to play for a point guard, and that was big."
Jackson-Cartwright is currently averaging 14 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals at Loyola, all after missing 12 games with a stress reaction in his foot at the beginning of the season.
The junior was the sixth top 30 recruit of 2014 to make a committment.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a