Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 11:46 am
Wildcats land ESPN top 30 prospect for 2014
Loyola High School point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright verballed to the Wildcats after a weekend visit to Tucson.
UA's No. 1 target at point guard told ESPN's recruiting nation that UA coach Sean Miller played a huge role in his decision.
"I feel like the Pac-12 is a great fit for me," he said. "I've been recruited by most of the schools and Arizona was the best fit for style of play. And I think Sean Miller is the best coach in the Pac-12. This is a tough league with great players coming in and out every year and it'll challenge me, but I'm ready for the challenge."
According to Adams, his point guard found a kindred spirit in Miller, who played the point for Pittsburgh during his college days.
"Coach Miller and Parker built that relationship," Adams said. "He's going to play for a point guard, and that was big."
Jackson-Cartwright is currently averaging 14 points, eight assists, five rebounds and two steals at Loyola, all after missing 12 games with a stress reaction in his foot at the beginning of the season.
The junior was the sixth top 30 recruit of 2014 to make a committment.
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.