Cat Tracks: No. 12 Wildcats notch win over Cougars
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's 73-56 win over Washington State on February 23.
Senior Kevin Parrom had a season-high 19 points, including hitting five of six three-pointers, to tie a career-best. He opened the game hitting two shots from downtown in the game's opening two minutes for Arizona. Parrom also paced the 'Cats with six rebounds.
The Wildcats also got a strong performance out of rookie center Kaleb Tarczewski, who added a career-high 12 points in the win. He also had six rebounds.
Arizona led by as many as 22 in the second half against the last-place Cougars.
The Wildcats struggled at times in the second half with Washington State's zone defense. They allowed the Cougars to shoot 52.2 percent in the half.
Washington State was able to cut their deficit to 11 points, behind a strong effort from Brock Motum. The senior led the Cougars with 20 points in the contest but struggled from the free throw line, missing six shots.
• The Wildcats claimed a half game lead in the Pac-12, as they improved to 11-4 in conference play and 23-4 overall on the season.
• The Cougars have lost six straight games to the 'Cats.
• Arizona shot 55.6 from the field and went 11-of-22 from three-point range.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will next face USC on Wednesday, February 27. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a