Cat Tracks: No. 12 Wildcats notch win over Cougars
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's 73-56 win over Washington State on February 23.
Senior Kevin Parrom had a season-high 19 points, including hitting five of six three-pointers, to tie a career-best. He opened the game hitting two shots from downtown in the game's opening two minutes for Arizona. Parrom also paced the 'Cats with six rebounds.
The Wildcats also got a strong performance out of rookie center Kaleb Tarczewski, who added a career-high 12 points in the win. He also had six rebounds.
Arizona led by as many as 22 in the second half against the last-place Cougars.
The Wildcats struggled at times in the second half with Washington State's zone defense. They allowed the Cougars to shoot 52.2 percent in the half.
Washington State was able to cut their deficit to 11 points, behind a strong effort from Brock Motum. The senior led the Cougars with 20 points in the contest but struggled from the free throw line, missing six shots.
• The Wildcats claimed a half game lead in the Pac-12, as they improved to 11-4 in conference play and 23-4 overall on the season.
• The Cougars have lost six straight games to the 'Cats.
• Arizona shot 55.6 from the field and went 11-of-22 from three-point range.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will next face USC on Wednesday, February 27. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.