Cat Tracks: No. 12 Wildcats notch win over Cougars
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's 73-56 win over Washington State on February 23.
Senior Kevin Parrom had a season-high 19 points, including hitting five of six three-pointers, to tie a career-best. He opened the game hitting two shots from downtown in the game's opening two minutes for Arizona. Parrom also paced the 'Cats with six rebounds.
The Wildcats also got a strong performance out of rookie center Kaleb Tarczewski, who added a career-high 12 points in the win. He also had six rebounds.
Arizona led by as many as 22 in the second half against the last-place Cougars.
The Wildcats struggled at times in the second half with Washington State's zone defense. They allowed the Cougars to shoot 52.2 percent in the half.
Washington State was able to cut their deficit to 11 points, behind a strong effort from Brock Motum. The senior led the Cougars with 20 points in the contest but struggled from the free throw line, missing six shots.
• The Wildcats claimed a half game lead in the Pac-12, as they improved to 11-4 in conference play and 23-4 overall on the season.
• The Cougars have lost six straight games to the 'Cats.
• Arizona shot 55.6 from the field and went 11-of-22 from three-point range.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will next face USC on Wednesday, February 27. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.