Mike Bibby explains ejection from high school game
ArizonaSports.com, along with other web outlets, posted stories and videos about former UA and NBA standout Mike Bibby being escorted from his son's high school basketball game by Scottsdale Police.
Then, during Monday's Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620, Fun Katy read a tweet about the subject during the daily "Twitter News You Can Use" segment.
It didn't take long for word to get back to Bibby, who called the Arizona Sports 620 to explain what happened at Coronado High School last Friday night.
"I think the ref had a little ego problem before the game started," Bibby explained. "I kind of got on him early in the game and he told the police to watch me, or whatever.
"I was just sitting there and I told him, 'that was a bad angle, number 23 wasn't in the play, ref' and he just pointed to the police and the police came and got me."
Bibby explained that he is normally pretty vocal, without using profanity, while watching his son play, but that wasn't the case in this instance.
"It was like he wanted to kick me out, I don't know why," he said. "I wasn't going to argue with the police, but apparently that's all it took."
Bibby left the arena without incident and with a smile on his face.
When asked if he thought he'd have been ejected if he was a regular fan instead of a parent who spent 14 seasons in the NBA, Bibby was clear.
"No, the other crowd (Sierra Linda High School fans) was crazier than I was," he said. "They told me that everyone on the other side was worse than I was."
Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a