Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 7:53 pm
Mike Bibby explains ejection from high school game
ArizonaSports.com, along with other web outlets, posted stories and videos about former UA and NBA standout Mike Bibby being escorted from his son's high school basketball game by Scottsdale Police.
Then, during Monday's Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620, Fun Katy read a tweet about the subject during the daily "Twitter News You Can Use" segment.
It didn't take long for word to get back to Bibby, who called the Arizona Sports 620 to explain what happened at Coronado High School last Friday night.
"I think the ref had a little ego problem before the game started," Bibby explained. "I kind of got on him early in the game and he told the police to watch me, or whatever.
"I was just sitting there and I told him, 'that was a bad angle, number 23 wasn't in the play, ref' and he just pointed to the police and the police came and got me."
Bibby explained that he is normally pretty vocal, without using profanity, while watching his son play, but that wasn't the case in this instance.
"It was like he wanted to kick me out, I don't know why," he said. "I wasn't going to argue with the police, but apparently that's all it took."
Bibby left the arena without incident and with a smile on his face.
When asked if he thought he'd have been ejected if he was a regular fan instead of a parent who spent 14 seasons in the NBA, Bibby was clear.
"No, the other crowd (Sierra Linda High School fans) was crazier than I was," he said. "They told me that everyone on the other side was worse than I was."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.